Wednesday 6 August 2008

Orange rolls out cyclist phase for 'I am' activity


by Alison Donnelly Marketing 05-Aug-08, 08:44
LONDON - Orange is set to roll out the second wave of its 'I am' campaign, which will feature world-record- breaking cyclist Mark Beaumont.

The ad shows Beaumont, who became the fastest man to cycle around the world in February, pedalling on a stationary bike as he watches his life story on film.
The images chart his progression from childhood to the day he broke the record, and feature the people that contributed to his achievement.
The ad, created by Fallon, follows on from the first tranche of 'I am' work, which celebrates individuals as the sum of their relationships and ideas.
The TV ads will be supported by poster, press, radio, and online work, also created by Fallon, as well as interactive TV activity, which links into a documentary created by Poke.
The 'I am' campaign is part of a global marketing initiative launched by Orange last month.
The telecoms company plans to spend £30m in the UK on the activity , which uses straplines including 'I am who I am because of everyone' and 'I am all the boys I've kissed and the ones I will'.



No comments: